Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Post 36

Party Time



Lights up on two girls standing at a party; they are holding solo cups and looking displeased.



REBECCA

Gosh, Amanda, I am so sick of these dumb parties! It's nothing but a bunch of boisterous, extroverted guys approaching us casually.



AMANDA

I know, they all insist on talking to us. I can see right through them, though; they're only talking to us because we're hot.



REBECCA

Yeah, those fun guys are pigs. If only there was a nice guy here who was into us but didn't show it like most of these jerkums.



They both sigh, then AMANDA notices someone.



AMANDA

Hey Rebecca, what about that guy sitting on the stool by the wall?



REBECCA

Oh, that's Mickey. We have a class together. He mentioned it to me while we were in line at the keg.



AMANDA

That's thoughtful of him! I hate when I can't remember where I've seen someone before.



REBECCA

Yeah, and when he said it, I was surprised I didn't recognize him. He's the guy that asks all those clarifying questions. I always have the same questions as him, so he's super helpful!



AMANDA

God, that takes guts. I wish I had someone like him in my class. Did you guys talk about anything else in the beer line?



REBECCA

No, actually! He just sort of said it and trailed off and turned back around. He didn't try to like, force the conversation forward.



AMANDA

That is so refreshing. Just give me the facts, you don't need to add in pleasantries! Look at him right now. He's lost in thought.



REBECCA

I bet he's thinking about something cool. I love that far-off look. So mysterious.



AMANDA

And earlier, I saw him mouthing the words to "I love college." Just mouthing it, not belting it out like the other guys.



REBECCA

Ooh, he does that at the gym, too



AMANDA

He goes to the gym?



REBECCA

Yeah, he does cardio like every day. That's so forward thinking. He's the kind of guy who knows bench-pressing will just give him big arms.



AMANDA

He's looking out for his heart. I like that he didn't change clothes to come to the party.



REBECCA

Mm. So practical. I bet he's an animal in bed.



AMANDA

Well, there's only one way to find out. Come on, let's see which one of us can make out with him first.



REBECCA

God, I hope he gives me one of those eyebrow-raise tight-lipped smiles. That is so hot.



Blackout.

No comments:

Post a Comment